AMPS stands for Association of Manufacturers and suppliers of Power generating Systems
AMPS is the trade association and industry voice for the UKs world-leading diesel and gas-engine power generating sector and associated businesses.
Our members vary in scale from global FTSE 100-listed companies to micro businesses, but what they all have in common is a commitment to the generating set industry and an understanding that raising standards, ensuring best-practice and safeguarding the future of our sector is best realised through a professional trade body promoting a culture of co-operation teamwork.
AMPS was incorporated in 1989 and has been providing technical guidance, lobbying support, networking opportunities and best practice assistance for our members, the industry and all those who need our input.
The British Industrial Furnace Construction Association (BIFCA) are a member organisation that have many aims to help companies and members involved in the Industrial Furnace Construction world.
These aims include:
- Providing a means of co-operation between their members in the mutual interest of themselves and their customers.
- Developing the growth of trade relevant to the industry and to take action in regard to any matters of general interest to that trade.
- Co-operating by affiliation or otherwise with bodies having kindred interests
- Being a channel through which the views of the industry on economic and trade problems can be made known.
- Representing the interests of their members in negotiations with Government Departments, Trade Organisations and other relevant bodies.
- Being a full and active member of CECOF, the European Committee of Industrial Furnace and Heating Equipment Associations.
- Providing facilities for personnel in the industry to continue their education and training.
- Taking whatever actions are necessary to fully implement the Associations Constitution.
The Confederation of Paper Industries (CPI) aims to unify the UK’s Paper-based Industries with a single purpose in promoting paper’s intrinsic value as a renewable and sustainable fibre-based material, enhancing its competitiveness through seeking to reduce legislative and regulatory impacts and in spreading best practice.
CPI represents the supply chain for paper, comprising recovered paper merchants, paper and board manufacturers and converters, corrugated packaging producers and makers of soft tissue papers.
CPI is working to promote:
· a positive image for paper
· Secure energy supplies at competitive prices
· Resource efficiency within a coherent waste strategy
· The benefits of packaging
· a sustainable UK Paper Industry
· Manufacturing as a vital part of a balanced economy
· a competitive, level playing field for the UK’s Paper-based Industries
The Industrial and Commercial Energy Association (ICOM) is a not-for-profit trade association, representing and promoting the interests of the non-domestic heating sector since 1933. By working closely with governments, professional bodies and associations at National and European level, our work generates tangible benefits for members and is instrumental in the development of product and installation standards. Find out more about us.
ICOM Energy Association
Warwickshire CV8 1TH
Tel: +44(0) 1926 513748
The Institute of Healthcare Engineering & Estate Management is an International Professional Engineering Institute, a specialist Institute for the Healthcare Estates Sector.
IHEEM has a primary purpose, as a professional development organisation, to keep members up to date with developing technology and changing regulations, and various types of membership are available.
IHEEM is a professional development not-for-profit members’ organisation for building professional careers.
The Institute is proud of its membership heritage concerning obligations to comply with the codes of:
- Health, safety and the environment
- Qualifications and professional responsibilities
- Obligations of learning, education and training
- Professional behaviour.
IHEEM aspires to be regarded as the respected primary source of relevant impartial information concerning developing careers in healthcare engineering and estate management. IHEEM aims to be the primary profession body for all those concerned with healthcare engineering and facility management, and a corporate mentor for this vital professional workforce benefiting the UK healthcare economy.
Plant & Works
The Society of Operations Engineers (SOE) is the leading voice of the UK operations engineering sector.
They believe that operations engineering is crucial to the success of the UK’s infrastructure and exist to promote, support, regulate and professionalise operations engineering and the people who work in it.
They are comprised of three previously independent engineering bodies – the Institute of Road Transport Engineers (IRTE), the Institution of Plant Engineers (IPlantE), and the Bureau of Engineer Surveyors (BES). They directly influence the road, plant and engineering surveying sectors.
The SOE provide specialist knowledge and professional support to over 13,000 members worldwide. They work to promote safety and compliance in operations engineering for the benefit of professionals, employers, students and the general public. Their strategic plan aims for a collective approach to address the problems of the engineering world through building shared knowledge, designing innovative solutions, and foregoing consequential change.
Textile Services Association
The Textile Services Association (TSA) is the trade association for textile care professionals. Our membership ranges from large multi-site public companies to small family businesses.
We protect, promote and educate the textile care industry.
TSA acts as a conduit between our industry and the government, representing members’ collective views to government agencies, regulatory bodies and the media.
We help to monitor and develop standards, educate and train the workforce, and promote our industry’s services to target markets.
As a member-led organisation, we enable free and open communication between our members, providing opportunities to meet and socialise and ensuring everyone’s views are heard.
We keep our members informed about the developments in the industry and provide access to the latest health & safety information.
TSA cares about the environment and promotes sustainability and energy efficiency in all areas of the industry, from textile management to machine maintenance.